1. User Information Collection
1.1 The Website collects user data and various information from all parties who use its Services at all times. This may include data users share when they sign up for the Website newsletters, any data they share when filling out forms, surveys, promotions, or contests on the Website. Any kind of communication the user has with the Website, that may not be specifically listed in this Policy, may be subject to gathering.
1.2 The Website will gather the information that includes, but is not necessarily limited to, user email addresses and other information shared as the user interacts with Website services.
1.3 The Website is hereby allowed to collect various information it deems necessary to obtain when it comes to specific users from non-Website sources. The Website may combine this information with the user-given data that was shared while the user made use of Website Services.
1.4 There is automatic gathering of some types of user information while users are accessing the Website Services.
1.5 Should users interact with the Website and Website Services by means of a computer, the Website is allowed to retain the following data:
- The last website or websites that users accessed previous to visiting the Website
- The user’s internet browser software and the language settings it employs
- The exact date and time of the user’s visit to the Website
- The IP address of the user (IP stands for Internet Protocol)
- The user’s approximate location which is obtained through their IP
- The operating system that the user’s computer was running while they were on the Website.
1.6 Should users interact with the Website via mobile device, the Website is allowed to collect the following data:
- The unique Mobile Identification Number or mobile ID
- The mobile carrier that the user’s phone employs
- The brand of the mobile browser and its current version of the user’s phone
1.7 The Website is also allowed to gather statistical data, and general information regarding how the users access the Services on the Website.
2.1 The Website may automatically gather various kinds of user information through “cookies.”
2.2 “Cookies” are defined as small data files that are sent to the user’s computer by a website. They are primarily used to record stateful information or remember some parts of the user’s activity on the browser while on the site, such as some passwords. The Website may use these cookies in order to ensure smoother user experience.
2.3 While many internet browser settings are set in such a way as to accept cookies by default, the user is allowed to alter this. Users are free to delete or block cookies, but this will most likely entail an altered experience while using the Website.
3. Web Beacons
3.1 The Website may gather user data using web beacons (also known as “pixel tags”). Web beacons are an unobtrusive way third parties use to check on user activity; this is done for the purpose of analytics or possibly page tagging. It is called a “pixel” tag because it’s essentially an invisible 1 by 1 pixel image, relaying information about the user. Web beacons may be used in conjunction with cookies in order to create a clear picture on how users interact with the site.
4. Advertisements and Third-Party Analytics
4.1 The Website may hire various third parties to provide it with advertising services, and/or analytics services. As mentioned in 3.1, web beacons may be used by interested third parties, as well as cookies and similar online technologies for information gathering. This may be in relation to Service activities, as well as the user’s activities on other third-party websites and/or applications.
4.2 The user data third parties may gather includes but is not limited to:
- User conversion information
- Previous websites visited by the user
- The users’ IP address
- Links that the users may have clicked previously
- The amount of time spent on a specific page or in a specific app
- The users’ browser software details
4.3 The Website and its above-mentioned third-party entities are allowed to utilize this information for enhancing various digital marketing strategies such as but not limited to targeting of content.
5. Use of Information
5.1 The Website may use the information gathered on the users for multiple purposes that include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining its Services and potentially innovating them using the information
- Delivering relevant information to users in relation to the provisions of Services and products
- User inquiry responses and appropriate customer care
- Providing users with adequate information on promotions, rewards, contests, and/or other products and services
- Rewards delivery in the case of contest winners
- Monitoring user trends when it comes to Website usage
- Providing users with more relevant content that is aligned with their demonstrated interests and profiles
- The fulfillment of any and all other legal purposes with the collected data.
6. Information Sharing
6.1 The Website may disclose certain user information in the circumstances listed below:
- With the users’ consent or at the users’ request;
- To third-party entities that are operating as service providers or online vendors acting on behalf of the Website, in case they need access to user data to complete their business successfully;
- To third-party entities that are in business with the Website, in relation to the joint partnership’s potential surveys, questionnaires, and/or contests, unless the user chooses to opt-out of sharing such information.
- At the request of relevant legal authorities, if such disclosure is in compliance with the applicable regulations on digital data security or if it is specifically and directly required by any relevant legislation.
- If the Website suspects that the action or actions of a specific user were not in adherence to the language and/or in the spirit of the policies they had previously agreed to. Those policies and user agreements were specifically implemented to safeguard and allow for secure running of the Website, keeping its property rights secured, as well as related third parties, and other users of the Website.
- During possible negotiations over transactions including Website owners’ assets (in part or in their entirety), or during the Website’s merging with another company (parent company or otherwise) or if the Website is bought out in its entirety by another company.
6.2 The Website may additionally disclose information on the user if it is just aggregate data without any personal information, and that doesn’t allow for the user to be identified individually.
7. Social Sharing Features
7.1 The Website may implement various optional plug-ins (such as the Facebook “Like” button) or similar tools and/or features in order to give Website users the option to share their actions performed on the Website with different websites and social media platforms, and vice versa.
7.2 These plug-ins may entail sharing user information with particular online social groups or the general public if it is in compliance with the settings chosen by the user in regards to third-party utilization of the social features.
7.3 The Website assumes no liability when it comes to the legality and scope of the third-party information gathering, as well as what their purpose for gathering that data is for. Users are strongly advised to read the respective privacy policies of those third parties and their social media websites to be certain they agree to their purposes.
8. Online Safety and Security
8.1 The Website aims to utilize every reasonable precaution and takes every measure to safeguard the collected user information to minimize or entirely prevent misuse, information alteration, potential destruction, non-consensual disclosure, or unauthorized outside access to user information.
9. Data Retention
9.1 The Website shall retain user information gathered for a duration of time that is appropriate in relation to the purpose that the information was originally collected for. Some information may be kept longer for certain legal purposes or because to do so is in line with legal business interests.
10. Information Transfers Between the US and Other Jurisdictions
10.1 The Website represents an online platform entirely based in the United States, along with all user information that is processed and stored in the U.S.. Conversely, should the need arise, the Website may have to transfer user information and store it in a different legal jurisdiction. This new legal jurisdiction may not provide the same level of digital data protection which the user information would enjoy in the U.S. Under such circumstances, the Website will take all needed steps to make sure that all user data has an appropriate level of digital data protection, even in different jurisdictions.